Thursday, January 29, 2009

A New Day

The end of January is nearing and I realize that I have not even considered goals for 2009. I'm not sure I have been ready to even think about that before now. I have been in such a dark place that I hadn't wanted to think about the future. It was depressing to me. I'm still not sure that I have a clear picture of where I want to go in 2009, but I am in a better place and believe I can begin to think about 2009 in a more positive way.

I realize that I have some really good friends ... many of them I have met through going to scrapbooking crops and others through message boards. Then, I have my tried and true friends that I have met through work and others that I have known for years. What is amazing to me is the strength of character that so many of these women possess and display on a daily basis. They are strong on the inside and are able to let that strength shine through.

I am grateful for these friends ... particularly those that don't judge me when I rant and rave and struggle with some of the stupid people in my life. Instead, they tell me like it is, give me a hug, and let me know they understand how hard my struggle is and are there for me. Right now I can't handle harsh criticism. I break down in tears, which is unusual for me ... at least in this area of my life. I feel at a low that I haven't felt in a really long time.

But, this too shall pass. I will make it through by the grace of God and through the strength of those around me. I simply need to be strong enough to lean on them until I feel strong enough on my own.

So, to my friends ... in real life and virtual ... I love you and thank you.

2 comments:

Oh Scrap!! said...

I love you too! and I love the new look!!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Cheryl, I am always here for you, hun. I loved the way you expressed yourself. You are right, you are not alone. I am praying for you to continue to have strength and I will check in with you because I know now I am needed. {{{hugs}}}