Thursday, April 17, 2008

Update

I just wanted you all to know I appreciate the well wishes and I did survive my dental appointment on the 14th. I got my wisdom tooth extracted. It is definitely not something I want to repeat anytime soon. I did not realize how deep my fear of dentists was until I went to the oral surgeon on Monday. My blood pressure went through the roof and my anxiety level was incredibly high. Thank goodness for nitrous oxide. The pain was minimal, but the anxiety was too much for me.

My friend Kim came to the oral surgeon to check on me and she was waiting for me when I got out of the office. She will never know how much that meant to me. I feel like a big baby but I was SOOO glad that Kim was there. I went home, took my pain meds, and went to bed.

The first evening was okay, but the second day was rough. The swelling hit about 3 a.m. and woke me up. I grabbed an ice pack and went back to bed. So, I spent the second day in and out of bed, on and off the ice pack. By evening, I was feeling more like my old self. I spent yesterday trying to get back in the swing of a regular day. I tried to use minimal pain meds, since I knew I would be returning to school on Thursday.

Now, I'm back at school. It looks like it was a pretty calm time while I was gone. It appears as if my students did what they were supposed to do. I'm sure there will be little problems I have to deal with along the way, but right now all is well.

2 comments:

Aimeslee Winans said...

Cheryl, so glad to hear from ya. I'm glad Kim was there for you as well. So sorry you had bad swelling, but I was praying that you wouldn't get dry sockets like I did. So, to me, success! Extracting a tooth is a pretty traumatic thing, and in my genealogical research I discovered that a lot of people back as recent as 120 years ago and earlier actually died from tooth extractions (because of bacterial infections that stayed there). So, you weren't a big baby, you are just a wise, conservative nature. I don't think anyone has a wisdom tooth extraction and calls it "a breeze". LOL

Hugs,
Aimes

Oh Scrap!! said...

Good to hear from you!! i'm glad you had your friend with you,miss you.