Well, I have continued to work on organizing my scrapping room. It's really quite sad to see how much stuff I have that I haven't used. What's even sadder is that I haven't bought anything significant since August. But, I did see a glimmer of light yesterday. While trying to figure out the best way to organize my room, I decided to create my own solid cardstock rack out of the wired crate storage units. I accomplished my task and all (that I have found so far) of my 12x12 solid cardstock is organized in rainbow order. As I locate more of my solid cardstock I can simply add it to the rack.
What's great is that even though this is a small goal achieved, I feel great satisfaction. As I am putting all of one thing in a location, I am seeing progress in other parts of the room. I just have not been able to put a lot of time into this project yet. I know patience is a virtue and I will love the end result, but sometimes I wish I were a genie and could blink and have the project completed.
In addition to working on my scrapping room, I started a graduate class this past week. I am working toward getting my administration and supervision endorsement. I think I'm going to like the professor. She is demanding but she wants us to gain something from the class. I personally don't mind hard work if I'm going to see some positive results in the end. I just need to make sure I stay ahead of the curve with respect to my reading and writing assignments.
In the next couple of weeks I'll also start attending some recruitment fairs for our school. I'm the lead person in recruiting faculty for our school. I think I'll be going to three specific education fairs and then try to hit a few of the Career Services offices in other universities. The next six weeks is going to be absolutely, positively crazy.
I also got a good news email today. My new lens for my digital camera is on the road as we speak. I should be getting it Thursday. I absolutely can't wait. I've been using my 35 mm lens on my Nikon D40 and it works, but I don't have access to the automatic features the camera has. Plus, the Nikkor lens I'm getting has received rave reviews. I'll definitely start posting pictures once I get adjusted to my new lens.
Exams started today at school, so half days for students. I'm hoping to keep up with the exam grading, so I'll have little to do on Monday on our teacher workday. I need to get ahead of the curve with respect to a lot of work right now. So, I'll be checking in but I don't know that I'll get more than this one post done for the week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
good lord girl, you've researched a lens and ordered one, and signed up for school. i think it's all fab! you must be feeling better, huh?
but 6 wks??? Don't work yourself over the edge now, okay? Save some of ya for us. like my dad used to say, always remember 1. everyone is expendable, so why are ya working like only you can save the world? and 2. read #1 again. ROFL
have fun!
oh, and seriously, many thanks for the layout praise....{blush}
Don't feel bad, Cheryl - I'm constantly organizing and re-organizing my scrap room! Sometimes it half the fun! I can't wait to see picks of your room when you're done!
Oh my gracious.. sounds like you have your hands full, Cheryl. I love the fashion show the kids did, wow are they crazy talented!! Thank Goodness for super wonderful teachers such as yourself... you are helping make the world a better place. {{hugs}} good luck with the scrap organization! Can't wait to see some photos with your new lens!
Wow are you a busy one! No wonder you haven't had time to scrap. I hope you post some photos taken with your new lens.
wow... i'm jealous. i wish i had a room to tear apart and make for my own scrap room!! good luck!! :)
Post a Comment