Hello all!
I'm sure many of you were wondering if I had dropped off the planet. I haven't. I didn't realize that life had taken control for this long. Here's a bulleted update of all that's been going on with me.
* I finished my spring grad course and got an A+. I was so pleased with the outcome of the course and when it was all said and done, it was well worth the work i put into it. I'm hoping to work with my professor on an article and maybe do some consulting work with her in the fall.
* Graduation went well. It about put me under the table while I was trying to manage the end of school, a new grad class, and problems with my summer program. It was a beautiful ceremony. It occurred on Friday, June 13th and, in true Friday the 13th form, the panic alarm went off in the building three different times prior to the ceremony. The IT director finally cut the wire to the alarm system. Apparently, someone had pushed panic buttons on three different floors and the system was confused to the point that the security company couldn't reset it. But, in the end, it was wonderful.
* My summer program was filled with problems from the beginning. In the middle of May at orientation I realized my point of contact had not been doing his job. The majority of the students had not been placed with mentors. I was a wreck, because this is the one part of my summer mentorship program of which I have no control. And, you know how much I hate to be out of control. I had to go over his head and just pray. In the end all of the kids have been placed. I'm midway through the program and all is going well. It's an excellent group of kids and I love having them here.
* I started a new online grad course toward the end of May. It was on special education. I love the online class process, but a summer school class was not what I should have been doing when I was consumed with so many other things. I pushed through it and finished it with an A+. I wasn't as pleased with the content and rigor of this course, but one more course off my checklist toward my supervision and administration endorsement.
That's about the bulk of the update. I'm still at my summer program and will be here till July 19th. Then I head to Charlottesville for a few days. I'll get to see Daughtry in an acoustic concert. I can't wait for that. Chris Daughtry is from Fluvanna county and does a concert in Charlottesville each year. I'm just glad we got tickets. At the end of July, I'll be headed to Camp Hill, PA for a four-day scrapbooking weekend. I can't wait for that. I'll get to see a lot of friends I only get to see once a year.
I hope everyone is doing well and I look forward to hearing from you.
I'd just like to give a couple of shout outs to a couple of friends:
* Congrats to Jill for making the callback to the Chatterbox design team.
* Congrats to Kate for her new business in Digg Deeper mini books kit club.
I wish you both the best of luck!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment