Each year Ali Edwards and many other scrapbookers choose a "word for the year." This word becomes a focus of activities for the new year. As I have been thinking about 2008 and what I want to achieve for the new year, I found it hard to pick just one word. So, I picked three words to reflect how I am feeling right now.
BELIEVE.
FOCUS.
DO.
As I started thinking about my new year's resolutions, I realized that I needed more than one word to reflect what I hope to accomplish this year. As I considered my choices, I selected my words to reflect my goals. So, instead of just picking one word, I decided to create my own "motto" (so to speak). I want to be able to BELIEVE, FOCUS, and DO.
I need to BELIEVE in myself.
I need to FOCUS on the task at hand.
I need to DO whatever is necessary to accomplish my goals.
I am hoping that this year will be filled with positive changes both in my personal as well as professional life. I hope to create works of art through my scrapbooking and even my blog entries that will reflect my current thoughts and feelings. I want to be happy and healthy (mentally and physically) for the new year.
Have a great start to the new week!

5 comments:
Cheryl!! Those are awesome mottos!! :) I need to think what I need to do for the year too!! You have definitely been an inspiration for me to get thinking!! :) Happy New Year!!
Wonderful thoughts to hold close throughout the year! Your blog is looking GREAT!
Wow, we think alike! Myself, I'm doing what I call a WordQuad for the year: Dare-->Bare-->Share-->CARE. For totally the same reasons as you - one word doesn't quite cut it. Needs to be more like a process, a behavior, huh? How cool! You get it. I'm not alone! LOL Awwwwwwww {xoxoxo}
Oh, and forgot to tell ya on the last comment: I hope you are taking photos! Every day! How's that new camera coming along? I know you are probably trying to learn to use it, so great good luck!
Just love your 3 words. The DO really grabs me... maybe I'll theive that word for this year? hmmm
Hey Cheryl mine is "Conquer"
Best of luck, you can do it!!
Post a Comment