Well, I finally did it. I finally started ripping apart my front room to get it organized. OH MY!!! Those are the only words I can use to describe what I have started. Instead of looking like only one bomb had been set off, now it looks like three or four have been set off. I have scrapping stuff everywhere. It is embarassing to say the least. (And to the answer the unasked question, "NO, I will not take a picture of it.")
On the positive side, I did put together my metal cubing section the way I wanted it and added another layer to it. I have organized my Sizzix supplies. I did sort through all of the "Stacks" that I have from JoAnns and have started a sizable stack of giveaways. I have an idea of where I want to move some things around.
On the downside, again the best words to describe this are "OH MY!!!" The work I have ahead is tremendous. My goal is to finish my room by next Monday evening. I'll work on it a bit each night and then finish up the bulk of the work on Sunday and Monday. When I'm done, I'll post a picture.
Now I have to figure out what to do with all of the extra "stuff" that I will be giving away. I hate to throw anything away, so I think I'll be looking for some local organizations to give things to. Right now the bulk of what I have is paper and OLD scrapping idea books.
I actually started looking through some of the paper I have and "OH MY!" again. What was I thinking? And, more importantly, how old is this stuff? I think I still have supplies from when I was using mostly CM stuff. The sad part is that I'm not even going through my stickers and stuff yet. I've decided to re-organize the big stuff and then I'll have room to go through the small stuff piece by piece.
Note to Rosa: Rosa, if you're reading this, I have two priority mail boxes of embellishments for Nolan's school. I'm waiting to see if I see you in a couple of weeks before I mail them. Hugs!
I promise I'll have pictures to add in the next few posts. I went to our school's fashion show Friday night and I really want to share some of the talent with you. You will not believe some of these creations.
Hope everyone has a great week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
No pics humm???
Thanks for the stuff,you can send it directly to the school if you wish,I left the info in my blog because I've been ask to so when someone goes nuts like you.... cleaning, has a place to send their extra stuff, I hope to see you too but I don't have a definitive answer from my travelmate, we'll be in touch ,hugs, Rosa.
Since you won't take pics, I'll have to use my imagination! LOL!
BTW, I just cleaned up my scrap area too, and I did it the same way you did. I put everything away first. Now I'm going through and weeding out the extras.
Cheryl, I'm so jealous! Yours is gonna be cleaned up soon!
And mine...it stays in that state of confusion, LOL.
Ok, I guess you've inspired me to share the mundane organizing projects I've been doing this week. (Yeah...I took photos just in case I felt brave enough to share, LOL).
Have fun. Every time you work on it, don't get discouraged. I finally finished something yesterday I thought I never would, and it felt great!
Post a Comment